Monday, July 7, 2014

Feeling Scrappy!



Once in a while when I'm thinking on my next project I pull out my scrap bag for inspiration.
As I dug around and pull things out I find old blocks that just didn't measure up or were extras left over from other projects.


I take them out and trim them to the nearest 2 1/2" measurement no matter how they turn out.
As you can see with this one the sides will wind up skinny compared to the center but I'm ok with that.


I store the finished blocks together and whenever I want to do a really quick project or practice machine quilting, I can pull these out and zip something together, like this mug rug.


As long as all they all equal some sort of 2 1/2" measurement they'll all go together somehow, someway, someday into something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.