Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall is Here

Pixelated Pumpkin

I've been busy in my studio painting, sewing, quilting, creating! I've done a lot since my last post I'd like to share but I've realized my creative process consumes me so that I forget to document what I'm doing. This is wonderful for my art but down right horrible for my blog.


I did take a break long enough to attend the first ever quilt show for the Magnolia Quilters and what a treat. I test drove a Juki machine that only does straight stitch and free motion quilting. I've been considering machine quilting. I love to hand quilt but I am becoming keenly aware that if I want to get all the quilts from my head to realization I have to make the move soon. Within the first seconds on this machine, my mind flashed through a slide show of all the quilts in my mental Rolodex in the hands of the people I love and people who would love the quilts that can be a reality sooner than later. It's a bit of an investment, not nearly as much as a long arm so I'm saving up! I'm a saver not a spender. I go back and forth with myself over any purchase big or small.

Not only did my confidence for machine quilting get a boost, I also won a nice door prize, a Fiskars rotary cutter and scissor combo with a fat quarter bundle, not to mention the quilts on display. Until next time, here are a few for your viewing pleasure.




(All pics in this post are of quilts from the Magnolia Quilters Quilt Show)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.