Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Is it Spring Yet?

When I walked into the floral department of our local craft store I was very happily surprised to find it filled with spring flowers!!! SO many bright, beautiful colors that made me so happy. I decided it was time to "Spring" up the house. (Even though it is technically still winter.)
  





 I came home and went through my scrap bag and found some spring colored fabric that was suited to become a flower and got started.

 I got a bowl and traced it for the flower center.



I made a template for the petals and traced it onto the fabric.



I got out my fancy turning tool (a sturdy straw and wooden stick that came with a bag of poly-fil) 
and turned them right side out.

I cut quilt batting with the template, filled the petals and sewed a decorative stitch around each petal. 
The batting with the stitching gave some rigidity to the petals. I then pinned each petal to the center circle which was wrong side out and sewed all the way around leaving a small space to turn inside out. 
I stuffed the center with poly-fil and used the same decorative stitch all the way around the center to 
close it up and make it look pretty.

Here it is, my finished SPRING flower!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.