Friday, July 13, 2012

Gone Bananas!


Today I performed magic! I transformed some gone bananas into these tasty banana nut muffins! Taa daa!






Yep! I took all this:




Waved my hands, around and around,



Alakazaam! They're in a pan!




Now, if I could just make this disappear!




How you can make the magic happen:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl mix 2 cups AP flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
In another bowl cream together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup Shedd's spread
In another bowl mash 5 large really ripe bananas and mix in two beaten eggs
Chop 2 big handfuls of walnuts
Pour the banana, egg mixture  into the butter, brown sugar mix and stir until well combined
Pour half the flour mixture into the wet mix, stir a couple of times
Drop in walnuts and rest of flour mixture
Stir until just moistened
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray 
Using 1/3cup measuring cup fill muffin tins nearly full.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
Let cool in pan 10 minutes
Turn out and let cool on racks
Enjoy!

Makes 12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.