Friday, March 9, 2012

How Time Flies

My goodness! I have been so involved in my next quilt project I missed a week of blogging! Bad blogger, committed quilter. I'm working on my biggest quilt to date.


I can't give many details of the quilt in progress except to say it is the most challenging design of all the quilts I have created. I've only started sewing my pieces to create the blocks today and on the second one had to rip, rip, rip. I can't even give you the name of the block, I designed this one myself. It is high contrast and I have to make sure (no fudging it) that all seams match. Please, send good thoughts my way (why did I do this to myself? Because it's worth it!).



I've been designing this one in EQ7 (a Christmas gift from my wonderful husband, ;) thank you honey bunny!). What a great program. I started playing around with it last month. It's has taken some effort to learn as much as I have and I still haven't learned much. There is so much this program can do.You can design and re-design your quilt until the cows come home with the pigs flying overhead to announce their arrival. In other words, it's easy to spend hours even days flipping and flopping blocks and auditioning fabric placement. You have been warned!

 I have 17 fabrics in three color families in this quilt. Without this program I think I might have gone insane with the arranging of each of the eight pieces that go into each block (I still might, who knows!). I can't explain it, you'll just have to stick around to see it when I'm finished, I'm excited to see how it turns out and can't wait to get it finished. I can't rush, it's going to take some time. I'm projecting to have it completed, hand quilted and all, by May. If not then, August. I'm sure you understand about self imposed deadlines for a quilt. Well, time to get back to it. Until next time.. may your seams be straight and tops be flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.