Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tool Talk: National Quilting Day Edition


Today, on National Quilting Day, I'd like to share with you my newest favorite quilting tool...

My newest favorite quilting tool

Yes, that is a roll of painter's tape. I love using this tape. It has made cutting pieces for squares and squaring up blocks much easier. 


Convenient

Using the painter's tape, I only have to think about the lines on the ruler once. It makes things go so much quicker and smoother. Also, no sticky stuff left on the ruler. It not only speeds the squaring up process it also functions in clean up.

Stick it to it

I use it to pick up those tiny, tiny pieces from the cutting mat that I used to use a needle to pick up. The tape is so much more efficient and once again, no sticky residue. I am a hand quilter and anything that saves time during the piecing of the quilt top is a plus for me. Some people like to use it to layout quilting lines. I've used it in this capacity too, it works, but I prefer to use chalk. Painter's tape, give it a try. Happy National Quilting Day and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.