Friday, December 2, 2011

Tool Talk: Needle Threading

Desktop needle threader

There is only one way to thread a needle; put the thread through the eye. Of course this can be done by hand, but my goodness have you seen the tiny little holes in some of those quilting needles? Some can only be seen with a magnifying glass, talk about tiny. And the thread, so thin. What is a person with chubby fingers to do?


Isn't it lovely?

A person can spend a L-O-T of time threading a needle or trying too. Sure, it seems like an easy task but in quilting sometimes the hole in the needle is just a microscopic scoach larger than the thread being inserted into it. Trying to thread one is sometimes like squeezing yourself into your skinny jeans on your worst fat girl day! Not pleasant. 


Look, Ma! No hands!

While on my Fall harvesting trip I found this nifty little tool, a desktop needle threader. Wow, do I love this thing! Just put your thread and needle into the appropriate spots and with the press of a finger...

In your eye

your needle is threaded! It is a definite time saver. While working on Contemplation, I felt like it was taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get the hand quilting done. I just couldn't figure out why it seemed to be taking so long. Then I started using this tool and I realized just how much time it was taking to get my needle threaded. If you ask me, this is a definite must have for any quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.