Saturday, November 26, 2011

QIP: Disappearing Nine Patch


Time to bind


I finally have my disappearing nine-patch off the quilt frame and ready for binding. After sewing my two and a half inch strips together for the binding, I pressed them in half. I used to just hold them with my finger and then I thought, oh, this cover is soft let's try pinning it. It really worked nicely and saved my fingers from the steam.

Setting up to sew


I pinned the pressed strips to the edge of the quilt, set up my assisting table and got ready to sew.


Walking foot

I saw someone using the walking foot to attach their binding and thought I'd give it a try. This was the first time I had ever done anything other than thread my sewing machine. I learned a presser foot has two parts, and I also now know how to replace a needle. Yeah me! Now the binding is attached and I am ready to whip stitch it to the back. I'm off now to get this one done!

Post Note: Due to accidental deletion (OOPS!) This is a repost, originally posted last weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Post a comment or just say Hi! Got a question? I may have an answer.